[libvirt-users] virt-install with --channel option inquiry

Hongqing Yang hoyang at redhat.com
Thu Jan 20 03:14:56 UTC 2011

one more thing, when I ran the script below:
virt-install \
  --connect qemu:///system \
  --virt-type kvm \
  --name mydemo \
  --ram 600 \
  --disk  path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/mydemo.img,size=10,sparse=true \
  --accelerate \
  --location ftp://download.englab.nay.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/14/Fedora/x86_64/os/ \
  --os-variant fedora14 \
  --channel tcp,host=127.0.0.1:6080,target_type=virtio,name='org.fedoraproject.anaconda.log.0'
it gives me error:
ERROR    internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char device redirected to /dev/pts/35
inet_listen_opts: bind(ipv4,127.0.0.1,6080): Address already in use
inet_listen_opts: FAILED
chardev: opening backend "socket" failed

if I specify mode=connect, it will work. but according the man page, the default mode is connect.