[libvirt-users] git repository access via HTTPS

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri Jan 21 08:25:06 UTC 2011

On 21/01/2011, at 7:15 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 21/01/2011, at 1:55 AM, Fyodor Kupchik wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just tried to do a fresh checkout (git clone) with libvirt sources tree and had no luck because it seems to be inaccessible/non-existent at all. Is this temporary situation or I have to only use git:// proto?
>> I'm asking because I'm sitting behind rather restrictive corporate proxy which does not allow anything but a little set of protocols such as HTTP(S).
>
> Just checked the server setup here, and it doesn't look like there's any way other than git://.  Not even http://.
>
> Sorry. :(

Oh, there is one other possibility, briefly mentioned on the downloads page Osier pointed you to.

Depending upon what you're needs are, the hourly source code snapshot (tarball) might work for you:

  http://libvir.org/sources/libvirt-git-snapshot.tar.gz

But, if you really do need the proper git repo cloned, that's going to be tricky. :(