[libvirt-users] compilation error

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:48:23 UTC 2011

2011/1/28 Justin Clift <jclift at redhat.com>:
> On 28/01/2011, at 7:21 PM, antoni artigues wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Thanks again for all the help.
>>
>> Now with the patch and 0.8.7, and only ESX enabled returns this error:
>>
>> ----------------------------------
>> virsh-virsh.o(.text+0x128a8): In function `cmdCPUBaseline':
>> : undefined reference to `xmlSaveToBuffer'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> <snip>
>
> Hey Daniel, any idea if there's a reasonable alternative to xmlSaveToBuffer(),
> that would work with older releases of libxml2? (ie the RHEL4 version)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Well, we could just do the same as for the kernel version problem,
just remove the offending code from virsh.c as the cpu-baseline
command is currently not supported for ESX anyway :)

I attached a patch that just removes the entire cpu-baseline command
from virsh, quite harsh but effective.

Matthias