[libvirt-users] syslog messages after cd-rom removal

Alexander Topolanek atopo at ocv.org
Sun Jan 30 15:26:21 UTC 2011

Am 27.01.2011 01:39, schrieb Justin Clift:
> On 27/01/2011, at 5:38 AM, Alexander Topolanek wrote:
>> Sorry, I know this is not really libvirt related, but I'm searching for a solution sind about an hour and cannot find anything that helps me ...
>>
>> Ok, I used to install a standard debian in a kvm instance, and removed the virtual cd-rom after installation. Now I'm getting this triplet every five minutes in my syslog:
>>
>> Jan 26 19:25:12 srv62 kernel: [ 1324.267675] hdc: task_in_intr: status=0x41 { DriveReady Error }
>> Jan 26 19:25:12 srv62 kernel: [ 1324.267683] hdc: task_in_intr: error=0x04 { AbortedCommand }
>> Jan 26 19:25:12 srv62 kernel: [ 1324.267685] ide: failed opcode was: 0xec
>>
>> and I'm looking how to get rid of the device.
> Just for clarification, is that the syslog of the host machine, or the syslog of a guest?
>
> If it's the guest, I'm kind of wondering if you did the "sudo eject" thing before removing the virtual-cdrom, so the guest "knows" the cd drive don't have any mdedia in it?
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift
It's the syslog on the guest. I was using an iso image for installation,
and later removed the virtual CD Rom drive. So the point is that the
guest system doesn't have a CD-Rom drive anymore, but debian believes
it's still there. The question is how to tell debian there is no cd rom
drive any more...

thanks and regards
Alexander Topolanek