[libvirt-users] Is libvirt supported on Citrix Xenserver?

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:21:19 UTC 2011

2011/7/19 sharmila radha krishnan <sharmilaradhakrishnan at rediffmail.com>

> Hi,
>  I was finally able to connect to the xenapi hypervisor.  However, once I
> connect to virsh and give a 'quit' command I get  "* glibc detected ***
> virsh: double free or corruption (fasttop):". Please find below the actual
> memory dump.

I looked at the XenAPI driver and found a double-free problem, based on the
minimal stacktrace glibc provided. Here's a patch for this. I'd be glad if
you could test it, as I don't have a XenAPI setup at hand.

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-July/msg01543.html

*Note:* I have disabled the SSL certificate verification in xenapi_driver.c
> by setting curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0) &
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0).

No need to edit the code for this. You can pass the no_verify option in the
connection URI to achieve this

  virsh -c xenapi://localhost/?no_verify=1

 Moreover, Iam not able to start any VMs uisng xencenter after i have
> started using virsh. It says,  *Error: Starting VM 'XenServer SDK
> 5.6.100-47101p import' - Internal error: another frontend device is already
> connected to this domain (frontend (domid=0 | kind=vbd | devid=51712);
> backend (domid=0 | kind=vbd | devid=51712)).* Even a reboot of the machine
> didnt help.

Sorry, I've no idea what the problem could be here.

Matthias

Any pointers on the above 2 issues would be of great help.