[libvirt-users] Split a qcow2-image?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 19:49:41 UTC 2011

On 07/25/2011 12:01 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 25.07.2011 19:42, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> Is there a way to split that one qcow2 into 2 separate files, one for
>> each windows-harddisk?
>>
>> or plan B: can I possibly enlarge the part of C: inside that qcow2?
>
> I just give it a try with gparted now ... and resize the partitions for
> a start. E: gets smaller, C: larger ... that should suffice.

Have you tried using virt-resize yet?  That may have all the
functionality you need for resizing partitions; although I'm not sure if
it can completely remove a partition.  If it can, then you'd use
original->copy1 to remove the e: partition, and original->copy2 to
remove the c: partition, leaving you with two files for the two
partitions with sizes of your choice.