[libvirt-users] RAID1 over IP?

David Ehle ehle at agni.phys.iit.edu
Mon Jul 18 16:47:33 UTC 2011

I asksed about this in November last year but got on response.  Anyone
have any ideas now?

Does anyone here have any experience with using KVM/libvirt with RAID1
over IP/DRBD or other HA solution?

I'm trying to figure out the hardware configuration I would need to be
able to survive a failure or planned shutdown of any one unit in a
virtualization cluster.

KVM/libvirt makes moving running VM's from one host to another a no
brainer, but I'm trying to figure out the right way to be able to take a
the storage backend for maintenance without disrupting the VMs.

Right now I'm thinking something like KVM + libvirt + heartbeat/corosync +
pacemaker + DBRM on Ubuntu 10.04 with 3 or 4 nodes - 2 hosts, 2 storage,
or 1 host, 1 host + storage, 1 storage.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!