Re: [libvirt-users] Split a qcow2-image?

On 07/25/2011 12:01 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 25.07.2011 19:42, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

Is there a way to split that one qcow2 into 2 separate files, one for
each windows-harddisk?

or plan B: can I possibly enlarge the part of C: inside that qcow2?

I just give it a try with gparted now ... and resize the partitions for
a start. E: gets smaller, C: larger ... that should suffice.

Have you tried using virt-resize yet? That may have all the functionality you need for resizing partitions; although I'm not sure if it can completely remove a partition. If it can, then you'd use original->copy1 to remove the e: partition, and original->copy2 to remove the c: partition, leaving you with two files for the two partitions with sizes of your choice.