[libvirt-users] UID/GID for qemu & kvm

Jeff jwk1230 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 14:02:29 UTC 2011

We use AD infrastructure for user/group management, and GID 107 is already in use.  Can I create an AD entry for the kvm and qemu groups with different GIDs, as well as the qemu user/UID?  From looking at the libvirt package, it appears it does a getent to see if these exist and, if not, creates them locally, so I assume adding them to AD is ok - and that the GID/UID specified in the package isn't explicitly necessary.  Just looking for verification.

- Jeff