[libvirt-users] Is libvirt supported on Citrix Xenserver?

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:49:58 UTC 2011

2011/6/15 G Naresh Kumar <naresh.gadepalli at gmail.com>:
> Hi Maththias,
>
> Thanks a lot for your response!.
>
> Is there a specific version of libvirt from which xenserver support is
> added? I am getting the below error
>
> "error: invalid argument in libvirt was built without the 'xenapi' driver"

The means that your libvirt version is new enough and contains the
XenAPI driver but that it was disabled on configure time, probably
because the build server didn't have libxenserver installed and
libvirt's configure script automatically disabled the driver because
of a missing dependency.

> I have installed libvirt from citrix yum repo.

Then Citrix build libvirt without XenAPI support. As a long term
solution you could report to whom ever is responsible for that repo
and request to enabled XenAPI support in that libvirt package. As a
short term solution you could build libvirt from source yourself and
make sure to get the XenAPI driver enabled.

> I am using Xenserver 5.5 with libvirt 0.8.2 and it does not seem to be
> working.

According to http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html and the error message
0.8.2 is new enough.

Matthias