[libvirt-users] Virsh Console - Changes in guest

Abhishek Gupta abhishekgupta.iitd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:45:21 UTC 2011

Hello

Virsh Console was not working on my setup. (also it required ctrl +
shift + ] instead of ctrl+alt+] for interrupt)

But after I create a file /etc/init/ttyS0.conf

  # ttyS0 - getty
  #
  # This service maintains a getty on ttyS0 from the point the system is
  # started until it is shut down again.

  start on stopped rc RUNLEVEL=[2345]
  stop on runlevel [!2345]

  respawn
  exec /sbin/getty -L 38400 ttyS0 vt102

Reload libvirt-bin, and restart the vm the console starts working.

Is there any other way of doing this without the need of changing the
guest files and independent of guest OS?

I am using libvirt version 0.8.8.

--
Abhishek
abhishekgupta92.info