[libvirt-users] stuck after upgrade

Julian Cerruti jcerruti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:03:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We're completely stuck helpless with our CentOS system which we've been
using as a VM server.
After an unanticipated system upgrade, we can't get virsh or virt-manager to
connect to libvirt anymore. It gets completely stuck during startup, trying
to connect.

One of the suspicious things we've seen is the following:

[root at ana libvirt]# netstat | grep /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTING    0
 /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTING    0
 /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTING    0
 /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTING    0
 /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTING    0
 /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock

I'm not adding more information here because there is so much we've tried
that I wouldn't know where to start. I would be happy to provide any info
that would be useful to solve this issue.

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Julian