[libvirt-users] storage pool vs storage volume

Zvi Dubitzky DUBI at il.ibm.com
Wed Mar 23 07:27:50 UTC 2011

some more on pools ( storage and volume):

1. Are they  used for data storage only or also for images

2. How are they used by a VM , via the  <device> element ? Does libvirt
knows how to use it
    or some additional staff (aside from defining ) is needed :

3. Does one has to specify both storage pool and a volume or just the
volume is enough (in the VM XML) ?

thanks

Zvi Dubitzky
Email:dubi at il.ibm.com