[libvirt-users] virsh sechedinfo with libvirt-0.8.8

Zvi Dubitzky DUBI at il.ibm.com
Sun Mar 27 15:32:29 UTC 2011

I have fedora14 installed with  standard libvirt-0.8.3.  I can start VM
using .xml files and also run: virsh schedinfo. the cgroup CPU
controller is mounted and active . In fact I  have the path to the Virtual
machine :   /dev/cgroup/cpu/libvirt/qemu/<vm name >

Now I upgraded to libvirt-0.8.8 from a tar ball ( configure , make , make
install) .  I rebooted , new libvirtd started . virsh is working ok
(I can create a vm) except  for the commands : schedinfo and memtune that
say upon  ' virsh schedinfo <vm name>'

Scheduler      : Unknown
error: Requested operation is not valid: cgroup CPU controller is not
mounted

Indeed I have the path :   /dev/cgroup/cpu/libvirt/qemu/   but now without
 the <vm_name> group which  is not generated   despite
that the VM was generated ok by virsh and I can access it

Any idea what is missing or some config file needs a change ?

thanks

Zvi Dubitzky
Email:dubi at il.ibm.com