[libvirt-users] block migration

mkey mkey at inter7.jp
Wed Mar 30 19:54:50 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to use block migration with below procedure, but got some errors. I would highly appreciate if anyone give me a hand..
There are 2 hosts(hostA and hostB), both OS is Ubuntu 10.10(merverick). And a VM(named centos54-1mg) is running at hostA(centos54 64bit).

[package version]
+++-=====================-=====================-===================
ii  kvm                   1:84+dfsg-0ubuntu16+0 dummy transitional
ii  libvirt-bin           0.8.8-1ubuntu3~ppamav the programs for
ii  qemu-common           0.14.0~rc1+noroms-0ub qemu common
ii  qemu-kvm              0.14.0~rc1+noroms-0ub Full virtualization

[proceduere]
root at hostA:~# /etc/init.d/apparmor teardown
root at hostA:~# stop libvirt-bin && start libvirt-bin

root at hostB:~# /etc/init.d/apparmor teardown
root at hostB:~# stop libvirt-bin && start libvirt-bin
root at hostB:~# touch /tmp/centos54-1mg.img
root at hostB:~# chown -R libvirt-qemu:kvm /tmp/centos54-1mg.img

root at hostA:~# virsh migrate --live --copy-storage-all --p2p --direct centos54-1mg qemu+tcp://hostB/system

[NOTE]
1. What I was being careful is permission. Therefore, apparmor is off, libvirt is running as root.
2. normal live migration is successfully finished. So, libvirtd can communicate between hostA and hostB.
3. Regarding to options "--live --copy-storage-all --p2p --direct", I think --copy-storage-all is minimum, so I was trying to change pairs of options, but no good result.

The error logs and configuration at hostB are attached.
Thanks in advance

mkey