[libvirt-users] (no subject)

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Sun May 15 12:49:23 UTC 2011

2011/5/15 Abhishek Gupta <abhishekgupta.iitd at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I am using python bindings of libvirt. When I use the function
> listDomainsID( ) it successfully returns me the list of the ids of my
> current virtual machines, but when I call function listDefinedDomains( ) it
> returns me an empty list.

That's correct. In your case all known VMs are running.

> Is this some kind of bug because as per my understanding listDefinedDomains
> should return a superset of vm's as returned by listDefinedDomains().

listDefinedDomains doesn't return a superset, it just returns the list
of known but non-running VMs, it doesn't return all known VMs. To get
the list of all known VMs you need to combine the lists returned by
listDomainsID and listDefinedDomains.

Matthias