[libvirt-users] Howto set the option script=no for a tap device in the xml file

Christian Spann Christian.Spann at uni-ulm.de
Tue May 17 17:21:15 UTC 2011

Hello again,

Digging into the source code with my colleague we found out that setting
<script path='no'/> does the trick. But to get this flag interpreted one
has to select the interface type "ethernet". Otherwise libvirt will
ignore the script element and try to add the tap device to the bridge by
itself.

Unfortunately libvirt does currently not support the downscript
parameter of qemu-kvm. But this only results in a error msg when
shutting down the vm. If I find some time the next days I will try to
produce a patch for this.

Regards,

Christian