[libvirt-users] can't up the eth in the vm and access to network

Marco van Beek mvanbeek at forgetaboutit.net
Mon May 2 12:16:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

If you find that the whole VM does not come up, then it may either be
permissions due to apparmor, (if you are running it), or as I found out,
unless your motherboard supports IOMMU, then PCI passthough (which is
what you appear to be trying to do) will apparently never work.

What you would normally see in the xml file is something like this:

<interface type='network'>
<mac address='54:52:00:18:88:29'/>
<source network='default'/>
</interface>

or

<interface type='bridge'>
<mac address='00:16:3e:19:b4:38'/>
<source bridge='br0'/>
</interface>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Marco

Marco van Beek
Forget About IT Ltd.
Grove Park Studios,
188-192 Sutton Court Rd,
London, W4 3HR
T: 0870 757 2924
F: 0870 757 2926
M: 0788 770 3604
E: mvanbeek at forgetaboutit.net
W: http://www.forgetaboutit.net/
Forget About IT and FABIT are registered trademarks
Company Registered in England No. 05375739