[libvirt-users] Livemigrate problems.

Gian Uberto Lauri saint at eng.it
Mon May 16 15:09:36 UTC 2011

Hello people.

	  I had 4 servers (bart,homer, lisa and abraham) where livemigrate
	  went without problems: I was able to make them play beach-volley
	  with a vm instance whose image is on an NFS file system.

	  Then I add a couple more, marge and maggie. I can do things like

	  virsh -c qemu://maggie/system list

	  or launch an interactive session without any problem, so the TLS
	  channel should be properly configured.

	  But when I try to run something like

	  virsh  migrate --live "one-24" qemu://maggie/system

	  I get a nice "error: operation failed: failed to parse XML" error.

	  There is  the same error when  OpenNebula tries to restore  a vm
	  from a  checkpoint on the  same machine. How  can I fix  this. I
	  need all the machines up and running.

--
ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
Ricercatore / Reasearcher

GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)

Tel. +39-049.8283.571         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
Fax  +39-049.8283.569		  |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
Skype: gian.uberto.lauri	  |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
http://www.eng.it 			  |          ioccc best One Liner, 1987