[libvirt-users] CentOS5: libvirtd filling up /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/save

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 09:39:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 17:14:47 -0400, Ben Clay wrote:
> How can I disable libvirtd from attempting to suspend VMs on poweroff /
> reboot?

There is a separate init script which provides this feature. All you need to
do is to disable it:

    chkconfig libvirt-guests off

Alternatively, you may configure it to shutdown your VMs instead of suspending
them. See /etc/sysconfig/libvirt-guests.

> It is slowly filling up our /var/ filesystem with save points at
> /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/save/<vm name>.save

IIRC, that libvirt version had a bug that save files were not removed after
successful resume, which I believe is fixed in current release.

Jirka