[libvirt-users] listDomains() not working on Xen

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:00:52 UTC 2011

2011/11/15 PREETHI RAMESH <iampreethiramesh at gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
> I've been trying to make listDomains() work on Xen but it simply returns an
> array of null values. Also, while displaying the length of the array
> returned by listDomains(). Upon using the same function in KVM, I'm able to
> retrieve the complete array of active machines. I'm positive that active Xen
> machines are running(cross checked it with xm list).
>
> I've been posting this for quite sometime now but haven't received any reply
> which could debug my code. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help
> me.

Your problem is probably not related to your code or the Java bindings at all.

Did you check whether 'virsh list' shows active domains for Xen?

I guess your problem is that libvirt doesn't recognize your active Xen
domains form some reason. Therefore, 'virsh list' and your own code
don't show active domains.

--
Matthias Bolte
http://photron.blogspot.com