[libvirt-users] [libvirt-user] questions about disk driver virtio and charmonitor

Chang Liu lingjiao.lc at taobao.com
Thu Nov 17 13:12:14 UTC 2011

hi all,
   I have two questions about libvirt.

   At first, how can I write a XML file that libvirt could give me a command that include this: if=virtio.

  -drive file=/dev/vg.vmms/lvm-v097218.sqa.cm4,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-0,format=raw -device ide-drive,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0-0-0,id=ide0-0-0

  event I have let the <target dev=vda bus=virtio>  the XML file also make the command not include virtio, it's like this:

-drive file=/dev/vg.vmms/lvm-v097226.sqa.cm4,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0,format=raw,cache=none -device virtio-blk-pci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4,drive=drive-virtio-disk0,id=virtio-disk0

 and my question is, this is command args could enable virtio? or there is some other XML format could let the if=virtio.

  Second when I boot the vm in the second step after use the kickstart install it.
Once in a while, it occurs an error that:

                    monitor socket did not show up.: No such file or >
                    Traceback (most recent call last):
                    File "/home/lingjiao.lc/vmms/backserv/bin/../lib/virtmgr.py<http://lingjiao.lc/vmms/backserv/lib/virtmgr.py>", line 1007, in request_vm
                            dom.create()
                    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 325, in create
                    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
                    libvirtError: monitor socket did not show up.: No such file or directory

  But if I reinstall it, it will be ok.  If I install hundreds of VMs once, I think this is a headache.

   Could anybody help me, how can I disable the charmonitor or solve these problem.

Thanks.

This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you received this email in error, please delete it immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

本电邮(包括任何附件)可能含有机密资料并受法律保护。如您不是正确的收件人,请您立即删除本邮件。请不要将本电邮进行复制并用作任何其他用途、或透露本邮件之内容。谢谢。