[libvirt-users] Ruby libvirt gem: state reasons

Ken Coar kcoar at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 22:18:16 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 05:15 PM, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2011-11-17, at 5:07 PM, Ken Coar <kcoar at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a way to use the Ruby bindings to find out
>> the 'reason' value for the state of the VM?  Such as obtaining
>> VIR_DOMAIN_RUNNING_BOOTED for a running domain?
>
> Don't have the API on hand but you can compare them by referencing the constants
>
> Libvirt::Domain::RUNNING or so

I can get the current state from the Libvirt::Domain#state method,
yes.  What I'm looking for is the constant explaining *why/how* the
domain is in that state. :-(

It looks as though a) the Ruby bindings don't explicitly call that out,
and b) therefore there's no access method to the virDomainXXXReason
methods. :-(

Oh well..
--
#ken	B-)}