[libvirt-users] libvirt and linux-vserver

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 15:36:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:35:47AM +0100, Christian Parpart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just googling around for linux-vserver support in libvirt,
> however, only found sad ppl complaining about the fact,
> that there is still no linux-vserver support in libbirt.
> Despite the fact, that there was some kind of lag in review by more
> than one person, why isn't it still in? so... merely two years after?
> I think once the patched would have been applied, ppl would start
> using it, and then also report bugs in case there were some not
> yet found by the author nor the single reviewer :)

We're always open to accepting new drivers - we have almost every
major HV technology covered to some degreee now. There was a patch
for vserver posted here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-January/msg00097.html

with some review of the code, but there were not any followup postings
for it. So what's lacking is someone motivated todo the work to finish
it off & update to latest libvirt coding standards for drivers. Volunteers
are welcome to submit vserver support to libvir-list again....

Regards,
Daniel