[libvirt-users] Re: libvirt and linux-vserver

Nicolas Sebrecht nsebrecht at piing.fr
Tue Nov 22 11:18:26 UTC 2011

The 21/11/11, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> We're always open to accepting new drivers - we have almost every
> major HV technology covered to some degreee now. There was a patch
> for vserver posted here:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-January/msg00097.html
>
> with some review of the code, but there were not any followup postings
> for it. So what's lacking is someone motivated todo the work to finish
> it off & update to latest libvirt coding standards for drivers. Volunteers
> are welcome to submit vserver support to libvir-list again....

I would have to second such a call until I realized the last Windows KVM
virtio drivers are not freely available anymore (v1.2.0 & v1.3.3 of the
drivers are distributed with a proprietary license instead of the GPLv2
for the previous versions). Looks like Redhat is going to close
contributions in the virtualization world.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht