[libvirt-users] permission denied when setting up VMchannel with libvirt

罗卫梁 mail278151237 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:28:44 UTC 2011

 Hi,
 I am trying to set up vmchannel between the host and guest os.

 However, "sudo virsh start vm1" always gave me this error:
 error: Failed to start domain vm1
 error: internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char
 device redirected to /dev/pts/5
 bind(unix:/tmp/foo): Permission denied
 chardev: opening backend "socket" failed

 Related xml is:
 <channel type='unix'>
   <source mode='bind' path='/tmp/foo'/>
   <target type='virtio' name='channel.port.0'/>
   <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
 </channel>

 I can succeed while I manually run the guest os by:
 sudo kvm -device virtio-serial \
 -chardev socket,path=/tmp/foo,server,nowait,id=foo \
 -device virtserialport,chardev=foo,name=org.fedoraproject.port.0\
 /path/to/vm1.img

 I also noticed that libvirt is able to create socke
 /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/vm1.monitor every time. I can't win even I change
the unix
 socket path to "/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/foo"

 Any information will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Will