[libvirt-users] no connection driver available for openvz:///system

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:34:04 UTC 2011

2011/10/12 张立洪 <zlh_086 at 126.com>

> thanks for help.
>
> I download a new libvirt 0.8.1,and compile libvirt.spec. and I success.I
> can use virsh command connect openvz.
>
> but I want use libvirt manager KVM and openvz simultaneously.can you tell
> me how can I implement.....?
> openvz and kvm 's  VMs can network interconnect?
>    the end I want to ask whether libvirt0.9.6 support openvz,vbox,lxc etc?
>
> thanks very much again!!!! look forward to your replies.

Replying back to the list as this may be useful for others.

Personally, I don't know openvz or its capabilities, but you can use
something like virt-manager to manage anything controlled by Libvirt.  If
the openvz server connects via libvirt then virt-manager should be able to
manage that also.  In virt-manager you'd just do "File" -> "Add Conection"
to connect a new server to the same interface.

I'd recommend also upgrading the CentOS 6 CR.  The version of libvirt fixes
many issues I've run into, primarily the snapshot capabilities.  Also the
virt-manager version in CentOS 6 is very dated.  I have one you can download
that is the latest I've found to work with libvirt-0.8.1 and libvirt-0.8.7
(CentOS 6.1 / CR).
http://itscblog.tamu.edu/virt-manager-0-8-7-for-centos-6/ .  I'll be
updating the virt-manager RPM shortly, to just incorporate changes from
upstream RedHat.

- Trey