[libvirt-users] libvirt ESXI driver's capabilities

חץ בן חמו hetz at benhamo.org
Mon Oct 17 14:19:05 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've read a bit about libvirt in the web site, and I couldn't find anywhere
whats the VMWare driver is capable of.
I'm planning to build something that will let me manage multiple ESXI hosts
(without vcenter) and before I hire a developer, I would like to ask if it
supports the following items:

* creating thin provisioning disks (when creating a new vm for example)
* snapshots - create / restore / limit amounts of snapshots
* modifications of live machines (if possible)
* graphs (is it possible to build graph with libvirt??)
* shutdown / pause / restart

I really wish there was a document which would show the driver's
limitations..

Another question: is there any book / pdf which is updated and can provide
the info of what libvirt capabilities are there and how to use them?

Thanks,
Hetz