[libvirt-users] BIOS Delay

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 21:55:42 UTC 2011

On 10/10/2011 02:50 AM, xuteng wrote:

> Hi,
> Does the libvirt support the bios delay ?
> I mean that after set a special number of seconds or minutes, when the domain starts, the bios will delay after the time I set

Is there a qemu option that affects this?  I'm not aware of one, off the
top of my head, which means that libvirt does not expose one directly.
If there _is_ such a qemu option, then you can access it via
<qemu:commandline> xml while waiting for libvirt to implement official
xml to support this feature.

Taking a step back, I'm not even sure what you are trying to accomplish
with a delay.  Perhaps it is sufficient if you use virDomainStartFlags
with VIR_DOMAIN_START_PAUSED (or virsh start --paused) to request that a
guest be created without running it, then at your choice of delay,
resume the guest?  But that's not a BIOS delay.