[libvirt-users] XML file format for snapshot-create

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:30:18 UTC 2011

I've created a very basic snapshot XML file, to allow for a description of
the snapshot.  However when running the virsh command, it doesn't like the
formatting.

# virsh snapshot-create proxy_0 /vmstore/proxy_0/proxy_0_ss.xml
error: XML description for failed to parse snapshot xml document is not well
formed or invalid

This are the XML file contents...

# cat proxy_0_ss.xml
<domainsnapshot>
  <name></name>
  <description>Before updating to CR repo</desciption>
</domainsnapshot>

I'm running libvirt-0.8.7 on CentOS 6 x86_64.  I can take snapshots just
fine without defining the XML file, but I'd like to be able to add a
description.

Thanks
- Trey