[libvirt-users] Virtio Balloon- Can not see the results

d hee coolio at ymail.com
Thu Oct 13 06:00:21 UTC 2011

with kvm and virtio- would -m 1024 take proceedence over -balloon
virtio? when i use both together, i see memory stay around 1024 MB less on my host side. I know the guest is not taking but a fraction of that ram, so I would expect the virtio balloon to take the majority of the guests ram and hand it back to the host. this is using the free util/command to take snapshots of the host memory.

thanks,
-dman