[libvirt-users] Virtio Balloon- Can not see the results

d hee coolio at ymail.com
Tue Oct 18 02:11:41 UTC 2011

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. After doing some research, it seems the host(not the guest) needs to request the memory. I'm not short on memory so I guess that is why I did not see any balloon activity.

I also read(off of IBM) where it can cause the guest to run out of cache and increase block I/O activity which makes no sense to me- sense the balloon only expands and takes of memory in the guest that is not used.

-dman