[libvirt-users] virsh modified option... alternative..

vmnode guy vmnodeguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 09:32:05 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I am new to libvirt, i wander how we can achieve below objective, i
read through a lot from libvirt.org but couldn't found any thing solid
something equivalent to this:-

  virsh dumpxml dom > /tmp/dom.xml

  $EDITOR /tmp/dom.xml && virsh define /tmp/dom.xml

What i try to achieve is to have one management server that install
with libvirt in place then we can use libvirt to connect to other
libvirt box to provision the vm-create, vm-delete & capable to
vm-modified the CPU,MEM,HDD,boot sequence, vnc password attached &
detech network card..on the targeted VM.

Currently we do it through editing the xml file which was a bit pain to do so..

Regards,

Peter