[libvirt-users] virt-install with set vnc password

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Sat Oct 22 18:30:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM, vmnode guy <vmnodeguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Mohammed Naser <mnaser at vexxhost.com>wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM, vmnode guy <vmnodeguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Seem like there is no such option, or could my option place it
>>> incorrectly ?
>>>
>>> root at cloudnode2:~/new# cat virt-install.sh
>>> vm_uid=testvm
>>> vcpu=2
>>> ram=512
>>>  diskspace=10
>>> path=/home/source/ubuntu-10.04.2-server-amd64.iso
>>>

>>> #virt-install -n $vm_uid --vcpus=$vcpu -r $ram -f /root/new/disk0.raw -s
>>> $diskspace -c $path --accelerate --connect=qemu:///system --vnc
>>> --vnclisten=0.0.0.0 --noautoconsole -v
>>>
>>> virt-install -n $vm_uid --vcpus=$vcpu -r $ram -f /root/new/disk0.raw -s
>>> $diskspace -c $path --accelerate --connect=qemu:///system --vnc --graphics
>>> vnc,password=testing --noautoconsole -v
>>> root at cloudnode2:~/new#
>>> root at cloudnode2:~/new#
>>> root at cloudnode2:~/new# sh virt-install.sh
>>> Usage: virt-install --name NAME --ram RAM STORAGE INSTALL [options]
>>>
>>> virt-install: error: no such option: --graphics
>>> root at cloudnode2:~/new#
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Peter Cheng
>>>

>> Are you sure that you're running the latest virt-install -- because latest
>> does have that option.  If you refer to the manpages of the latest version:
>>

>> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=python-virtinst.git;a=blob;f=man/en/virt-install.pod.in#l633
>>
>> I recommend you update your virt-install version in order to be able to
>> use that option, otherwise, you might be limited in your options.  You could
>> add a command that sets it manually by connecting to qemu (might be more
>> complicated).  If it's the same password, I think you could leave it in
>> /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf
>>
>> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/QEMUSwitchToLibvirt#change_vnc_PASSWORD
>>
>> Let me know if this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Mohammed Naser — vexxhost
>> E. mnaser at vexxhost.com
>> W. http://vexxhost.com
>>

> You are right, there is such option, may i know what version of
> virt-install you are running ?
> I am using
>
> root at cloudnode2:~/new# virt-install --version
> 0.500.1
> root at cloudnode2:~/new#
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

I am not currently running any release on a machine I have direct access to
right now.  However, according to Git, that release is 22 months old (unless
it's backported).  However, according to Git, the manual page was updated to
include it with virtinst 0.500.5

The current latest version is 0.600.0

It's up to you on what you'd like to do at this point.

Good luck!

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost
D. 514-316-8872