[libvirt-users] virsh modified option... alternative..

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 00:54:45 UTC 2011

? 2011?10?21? 17:32, vmnode guy ??:
> Hi All,
> I am new to libvirt, i wander how we can achieve below objective, i read through a lot fromlibvirt.org  <http://libvirt.org>  but couldn'tfound any thing solid somethingequivalent to this:-
>
>    virsh dumpxml dom>  /tmp/dom.xml
>    $EDITOR /tmp/dom.xml&&  virsh define /tmp/dom.xml
>
> What i try to achieve is to have one management server that install with libvirt in place then we can use libvirt to connect to other libvirt box to provision the vm-create, vm-delete&  capable to vm-modified the CPU,MEM,HDD,boot sequence, vnc password attached&  detech network card..on the targeted VM.

there are commands to do the modifications? e.g.

for vnc password changes, HDD:
     # virsh update-device

for mem:
     # virsh setmem
     # virsh setmaxmem

for detach/attach NIC:
     # virsh attach-device
     # virsh detach-device

Not sure how you want to modify the "CPU", you could
see if following commands satisfy you requirement:

     # virsh setvcpus (if you are using qemu-kvm, the cpus in guest won't
                                 be hotpluged/unhotpluged actually, as
it lacks support)
     # virsh vcpupin

All these commands support change persistent config, But if you are trying
to modify a bunch of domains, scripts is better, though it's not supported
offically by libvirt to modify the domain configs externally.

Regards
Osier