[libvirt-users] Hard limit for the cpu usage of a VM

sethuraman subbiah sethusubbiah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:39:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Oct 24, 2011, at 4:30 PM, Eric Blake wrote:

> On 10/24/2011 02:24 PM, sethuraman subbiah wrote:
>> Great, I have one more question. Is it possible to set the quota during run time from the host os ? Using virsh ? Thank you.
>
> virsh schedinfo can both query and alter these cpu tunables, and that includes doing it while the guest is running.

I tried the virsh schedinfo. Here is the information regarding my libvirt :

[root at sbc11 ssubbiah]# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.9.4
Using library: libvir 0.9.4
Using API: QEMU 0.9.4
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.12.1

When i use "[root at hgcc11 ssubbiah]# virsh schedinfo rubis_ws --cap 50" , I dont see the cap value being set and I am able to see only cpu shares.

Scheduler      : posix
cpu_shares     : 1024