[libvirt-users] live migration without shared storage problems.

Luengffy XUE feiliangxue at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:22:22 UTC 2011

Hi, all

I migrate a vm from source host to the destination host.

I am sure every part is ok for migration.

1   Create the  image in the destination and change the user and group.

2   Open TCP socket in the destination host.

and I migrate in the source host command line.

$ virsh migrate --live --copy-storage-all vmubuntu
qemu+ssh://destinationHost/system --verbose

But I get the  error

"error: operation failed : failed to retrieve chardev info inqemu with
'info chardev'"

In the destination I find in the vmubuntu.log

The error is

"Migration failed. Exit code tcp:0.0.0.0:49170(-98),exiting."

What can I do to solve it ?

I do not understand how the error comes.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks in advance.