[libvirt-users] live migration without shared storage problems.

Luengffy XUE feiliangxue at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:16:12 UTC 2011

Oh, I think I can describe the problem more specific.

1         Creat the vm in the source host and it run well.
2     Create the image in the destination and change the user and group
3 Open TCP socket in the destination host.

In the source host I use the different command as

1  $ virsh migrate --live --copy-storage-all vmubuntu
qemu+ssh://destinationHost/system --verbose

This situation, the error is:

In the source host:
 error:operation failed:migration job:unexpectedly failed
In the destiantion host: (from the vm.log)
 qemu:Warning: error while loading State ID section 2

<http://blog.chinaunix.net/space.php?uid=26284395&do=blog&id=2980663>

2    $ virsh migrate --live --copy-storage-all vmubuntu
qemu+ssh://destinationHost/system tcp://destinationHost:49170 --verbose

This situation, the error is:

In the source host:

error: operation failed : failed to retrieve chardev info inqemu with
'info chardev'

In the destiantion host: (from the vm.log)

Migration failed. Exit code tcp:0.0.0.0:49170(-98),exiting.

Can you help me ?  I google the error on the www . But I can not find the
proper solutions  or the same questions.

Thanks very much.
Best wishes.