[libvirt-users] Reg: VETH Device pair creation using iproute2.

Alphonse Hansel Anthony alphonse.anthony at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:39:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

   While using libvirt to start a LXC, I am facing an error related to
NETNS,
   specifically related to the VETH device pair creation. The code related
to this is
   present in libvirt/src/lxc/veth.c

   # ip link add veth0 type veth peer name veth1
   Garbage instead of arguments "peer ...". Try "ip link help".
   # ip -V
   ip utility, iproute2-ss110629
   # uname -r
   2.6.32.39
   #

   The devices "veth0" & "veth1" does not exist in /sys/class/net/
   But the same command works with iproute2-ss100519 (older version).
   Is this a known issue in the latest version or am I doing something
wrong?

   Any info in this regard would be useful.

-Alphonse