[libvirt-users] Graphical framebuffers confuse, XML format about spice

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Thu Sep 8 19:24:55 UTC 2011

On 09/07/2011 11:13 PM, huachao yao wrote:
> When i set the Graphic node as :
>      <graphics type='spice'>
>        <listen type='network' network='rednet'/>
>      </graphics>
> the Error is :
> libvir: QEMU error : XML error: listen network 'rednet' had no usable
> address

Unless you actually have a network defined in libvirt that is named
"rednet", this configuration makes no sense. I can say with 99%
certainty that you don't want a listen type of "network" - this is
really only useful for large installations where guests are migrating
between multiple hosts.

> what should i do to achieve  graphical interaction with the guest OS ??

1) leave this part of the guest's configuration at its default as
created by virt-manager or virt-install.

2) either use virt-manager and double click on the guest's icon, or (as
root) run "virt-viewer guestname" from a shell on the host.