[libvirt-users] how to convert from xen .cfg files to libvirt xml?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 15:49:42 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 01:28 PM, Mauro wrote:
> I have a .cfg configuration file for a xen virtual machine.
> I need to convert it in xml format to use with libvirt.
> So I run virsh domxml-from-native xen-xm backupsrv.cfg but I have an error:
>
> error: Unknown failure.
> How can I investigate about the error?

Have you looked in the logs to see if any further details are present
there?  Also, you may want to dial up debug verbosity, using
LIBVIRT_DEBUG and friends, as documented here:
http://libvirt.org/logging.html

Beyond that, all I can suggest is stepping through things with gdb; I'm
not familiar enough with xen myself to recognize these symptoms.