[libvirt-users] virsh attach-disk with cache=none and io=native for raw devices (online)

Frido Roose fr.roose at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:36:55 UTC 2012

Hello,

I see there is an option with virsh attach-disk to set the cache to "none" for raw devices, but I can't find how to attach the disk with io=native (needed for performance reasons).
The goal is to attach a disk online, directly with the proper performance settings.

I know I can set this in virt-manager, but then I have to restart the VM to apply the change, so this is an offline operation.
With virsh edit, I guess I also would have to restart the VM...

--
Frido Roose