[libvirt-users] No way to obtain guest's cpu and mem usage?

RaSca rasca at miamammausalinux.org
Thu Apr 12 08:48:05 UTC 2012

Il giorno Gio 12 Apr 2012 10:39:42 CEST, Daniel P. Berrange ha scritto:
[...]
> Yes, I'd suggest adding it to libvirt-php.
> Daniel

But wait Daniel,
as far as I see, the only info I can obtain from virDomainGetInfo are:

unsigned char	state	: the running state, one of virDomainState
unsigned long	maxMem	: the maximum memory in KBytes allowed
unsigned long	memory	: the memory in KBytes used by the domain
unsigned short	nrVirtCpu	: the number of virtual CPUs for the domain
unsigned long long	cpuTime	: the CPU time used in nanoseconds

which are *exact* the same data I can reach from the php function
libvirt_domain_get_info. But these are NOT live stats, these does not
contain the actual cpu and memory usage.

So, what you mean when you say that virt-top takes all from
virDomainGetInfo?

--
RaSca
Mia Mamma Usa Linux: Niente è impossibile da capire, se lo spieghi bene!
rasca at miamammausalinux.org
http://www.miamammausalinux.org