[libvirt-users] libvirt slow responding after define poool with existing VG with some other lv

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 13:47:21 UTC 2012

On 04/16/2012 09:01 AM, Anton Gorlov wrote:
>> Okay so that's not the issue. Maybe one of the lvm commands is slow for your
>> setup. Try running sudo LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1 libvirtd, run the pool-start in
>> another terminal, and see if the libvirtd debug output gives any indication
>> where things are hanging.
>
> no. time before I define pool and run pool-start  is shortly
>
> 2012-04-16 12:52:58.273+0000: 23120: debug : virCommandRun:1994 : Result
> status 0, stdout: '  4 logical volume(s) in volume group "LVM_MAIN" now active
>
>> Also how long does pool-start actually take? If it's a constant time maybe
>> some timeout is the culprit.
>
> other 3minutes

Hmm, all the command seem to complete quickly. But then libvirtd's poll loop
keeps hitting a 5 second timeout. I can't reproduce anything like that here
though.

Do you have any way to try older libvirt versions? Might be interesting to see
if this is a regression, or just something specific to your setup.

- Cole