[libvirt-users] libvirt-lxc Cannot SSH into container

Shweta Shinde shwetasshinde24 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:08:43 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am trying to run containers on rhel 6.2 using libvirt-lxc.
I want to migrate my containers from sf.net lxc to libvirt-lxc. So, I am
using the same root file system for libvirt-lxc, which I used for sf.netlxc.
After starting the container, and getting console for it, I can see the
boot log for the container, it shows all the services started successfully.
I get ping reply from the IP assigned to this container, but cannot ssh
into the container. After entering the password for ssh, connection closed
error comes up.
I tried chroot to the root filesystem, and checked sshd service status. It
shows that sshd is stopped. Also the /proc of container is empty.
Am I missing out something in configuration?
This is my xml file for container
<domain type='lxc'>
    <name>test01</name>
    <memory>332768</memory>