[libvirt-users] [API reference] Are there XML-handling API to retrieve info directly from xml configure file

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 10:52:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 06:48:56PM +0800, Zhihua Che wrote:
> 在 2012年4月18日 下午6:13,Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> 写道:
> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 06:09:35PM +0800, Zhihua Che wrote:
> >> 在 2012年4月18日 下午5:47,Zhihua Che <zhihua.che at gmail.com> 写道:

> >> Correction
> >>
> >>  I agree with you. But I wanna know where libvirt stores all the domains'
> >>  config files.
> >>  Image that if I uninstalled libvirt and reinstalled it, I wish I could
> >>  manipulate all the previous domains.
> >
> > All the persistent configs are under /etc/libvirt
> >
> > When a guest is running, there is a second config stored in /var/run/libvirt
> >

> I thought so. But I removed config file uder working/etc/libvirt and
> It sill worked.

Libvirtd loads all the configs under /etc/libvirt into memory, so if
you delete them, libvirtd will still know about them until you restart
it.

> By the way, I installed my libvirt under directory working. Of course
> I searched the whole system and found no other config files.

If you are runing libvirtd as non-root then it uses $HOME/.libvirt

If you built a custom libvirtd from source and run it as root, then
it'll use $sysconfdir/libvirt  (where $sysconfdir is the --sysconfdir
value passed to the configure script)

Regards,
Daniel