[libvirt-users] Building an RPM

John Wayne m01z04-libvirt at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 03:52:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have downloaded libvirt-0.9.11 and compiled it on my RHEL 6.2 system.
I am trying to build a binary RPM for distribution, I am not sure what the best way to go about doing this is.
http://libvirt.org/FAQ.html suggests that I try 'make rpm', however that ends in the below error:

missing XHTML1 DTD
cp: cannot stat `./api.html': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [distdir] Error 1
rm news.html.tmp goals.html.tmp archnetwork.html.tmp formatsecret.html.tmp drvopenvz.html.tmp windows.html.tmp testtck.html.tmp drvlxc.html.tmp apps.html.tmp docs.html.tmp formatstorageencryption.html.tmp drvvbox.html.tmp formatdomain.html.tmp php.html.tmp drvhyperv.html.tmp errors.html.tmp hacking.html.tmp format.html.tmp hooks.html.tmp api.html.tmp storage.html.tmp formatcaps.html.tmp relatedlinks.html.tmp compiling.html.tmp index.html.tmp archdomain.html.tmp downloads.html.tmp auth.html.tmp archnode.html.tmp hvsupport.html.tmp bugs.html.tmp java.html.tmp locking.html.tmp logging.html.tmp testapi.html.tmp formatnetwork.html.tmp bindings.html.tmp uri.html.tmp drvtest.html.tmp sitemap.html.tmp drvqemu.html.tmp contact.html.tmp formatnwfilter.html.tmp intro.html.tmp drvxen.html.tmp drvesx.html.tmp drvvmware.html.tmp testsuites.html.tmp devguide.html.tmp firewall.html.tmp architecture.html.tmp migration.html.tmp todo.html.tmp formatsnapshot.html.tmp
 formatstorage.html.tmp internals.html.tmp deployment.html.tmp api_extension.html.tmp drvuml.html.tmp virshcmdref.html.tmp csharp.html.tmp python.html.tmp drvremote.html.tmp archstorage.html.tmp remote.html.tmp drivers.html.tmp formatnode.html.tmp
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/libvirt-0.9.11/docs'
make[1]: *** [distdir] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/libvirt-0.9.11'
make: *** [rpm] Error 2

Any clue on how to proceed? I am not sure why api.html is missing, since this is a clean untar of the 0.9.11 tar file, and './configure;make;make install' all worked without any issues.

Thanks!