[libvirt-users] Remote Shutdown of Server 2008

Gutierrez-Robles, Frank FRANK.GUTIERREZ-ROBLES at saic.com
Tue Aug 7 19:22:15 UTC 2012

Good afternoon,

I have a VM of Microsoft Server 2008 SP1. I am using virsh commands to
power it on/off. I can power on/off when the admin is logged in to the
Server VM, and when there are no users logged in, but when the admin
locks the screen, I cannot seem to power it off. The virsh command
states that the domain is being shutdown, but it in fact does not. I
looked at some registry settings for the VM (server 2008) and see if I
can pinpoint an entry I need to set, but had no luck. Any ideas? Thank
you for your support.

- Frank G.