[libvirt-users] IP over IB support.

Eric J Nelson Eric.J.Nelson at aero.org
Tue Aug 21 19:49:23 UTC 2012

Hello,
I'm trying to set up a lxc container with access to a Infiniband card with
IP over IB.  I have scripts written to create the device in the container
and add all the proper cgroup permissions on the host.  I can access the
card from the container, but there is no Infiniband network device
present.  I can't create the ib0 and ib1, and I have come to believe this
is because they are made on the host when the modules are inserted.

Is inserting modules possible with lxc and libvirt?  Is it currently
possible to use IP over IB in any of the virtualization technologies that
libvirt supports?  I'm not bound to lxc.

Eric Nelson