[libvirt-users] Libvirt Seg Fault when compiling either 0.9.13 or 0.10.0-rc1

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 13:09:04 UTC 2012

On 08/22/2012 06:54 AM, Shawn Furrow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install a version of Libvirt that will be compatible with
> qemu-kvm-1.1 but I cannot seem to get Libvirt to compile. During the make
> portion of the install I get the following error:

> make[4]: Entering directory `/home/shawn/libvirt-0.10.0/docs'
> Generating 404.html.tmp
> /bin/bash: line 5: 59204 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/xsltproc
> --stringparam pagename $name --nonet --html ../docs/site.xsl 404.html.in >
> 404.html.tmp

That's a segfault in xsltproc.  What version of xsltproc do you have
installed?  Have you checked for/filed a bug against that package?
Still, it may be something where a tweak to libvirt sources could avoid
tickling that bug in xsltproc, since I don't have any problems building
the docs when building on Fedora.